- A Chronicle of Freedom of Expression in Canada
- a chronological look at the history of censorship in canada.
- Access Copyright
- "monthly updates on activities at Access Copyright and news from the world of copyright."
- don't think it's canadian, but it has tons of important info re: the book trade/industry.
- CanDrama Home Page
- "This CanDrama site includes sources of information essential to any study of theatre in Canada."
links to other resources.
- The Canadian Library Gateway
- "a one-stop shop for Canadian library information. The Gateway provides, via the Web, access to Canadian library catalogues, Canadian library interlending and charging policies, the directory of Canadian Z39.50 targets, the Directory of Special Collections of Research Value held in Canadian Libraries, Canadian library Web sites, and other Web sites of interest."
- Canadian Literature Archive
- "is a repository for information about Canadian writers, Canadian novelists, Canadian poets, Canadian playwrights, Canadian essayists, Canadian literary organizations, Canadian magazines, Canadian publications, Canadian books, Canadian texts and Canadian library archives."
- Canlit Contests List
- updated frequently
- Canlit E-texts
- exactly that.
- Canadian Poetry
- everything you wanted to know about poetry in canada, past, present and future.
- links to "Web sites that offer information on copyright and provide access to printed works such as books, newspapers, journals, magazines, plays and unedited play scripts for reproduction purposes."
- Early Canadiana Online
- contains several thousand books and pamphlets originally published between the 16th and early 20th centuries that have been scanned and are now available online. "a collaborative project of the Canadian Institute for Historical Microreproductions (CIHM), the National Library of Canada, Laval University Library, Bibliothèque nationale du Québec, and the University of Toronto Library."
- writing resource and community. "Named by Writer's Digest Magazine as one of the best sites for writers, Inkspot offers over 2000 pages of information about the craft and business of writing, as well as dozens of discussion forums and other online networking opportunities."
- Inventory of Canadian Digital Initiatives / Le Répertoire des projets canadiens de numérisation
- "an automated web-accessible database application designed to store descriptions of Canadian digital projects - including information resources created for the Web, general digital collections, resources centred around a particular theme, reference sources and databases - is now available. The Inventory has been designed to help to make information about digitized projects more readily available, avoid duplication and foster resource sharing."
- Internet Sources for Journalists and Broadcasters
- very extensive resource with annotated links. check this site out!
- Literary Network News
- "Including: Literary Pages, an electronic literary journal featuring
poetry, fiction and creative non-fiction."
- "Canada's Magazine Search Engine."MagOmania contains a listing, some online content and a subscription service for the 300 or so members of the Canadian Magazine Publishers Association.
- Media Awareness Network
- "offers practical support for media education in the home, school and community and provides Canadians and others with information and "food for thought" on our fast-evolving media culture."
- Micropress Essay
- a survey of micropress publishers, by angela rawlings: "Micropress publishers surveyed are Sam Andreyev (The Expert Press), derek beaulieu (housepress), Stephen Cain (Kitsch In Ink), Jason Christie (yardpress, formerly No Past Lives Press) Sharon Harris (iloveyougalleries.com), Jill Hartman (semi-precious press, dANDelion chapbooks) Jesse Huisken (Wood & Coal), rob mclennan (above/ground press), Jay MillAr (BookThug), Rob Read (maple spitS, formerly Palimpsest Press), Emily Schultz (Misprints Press, featuring the Pocket Canon Anonymous Book Series), and Lesley Trites (cold tea press)."
- National Library of Canada
- lots of online resources and archived publications to browse through.
- New Brunswick Coalition for Literacy
The NBCL's goals are to:
- Maintain and /or extend network of NB Literacy groups and stakeholders.
- Increase public understanding of the literacy issue and its impact on every facet of society.
- To facilitate and mobilize activities which will result in opportunities for higher levels of literacy among the people of New Brunswick
- Periodical Writers Association of Canada (PWAC)
- "Now you can find a professional writer in Canada with just a few clicks of your mouse! You can search by name, city, province, subject matter, type of writing, or publication credits." other resources include: Professional Practice, Copyright: the Basics, What to Pay a Writer, Standard Agreement, Model Letters of Intent...
- U of Manitoba Archives and Special Collections
- info on what they hold in their archives and special collections, if you are looking for research material.