- Association of Canadian Publishers
- "represents over 135 Canadian-owned book publishers, with members from all provinces, and members from the literary, general trade, education, and scholarly sectors. Through all our activities, the ACP encourages the writing, publishing, distribution and promotion of Canadian books."
- B.C. Association of Magazine Publishers
- "Here you'll find information about the more than 200 publications in the province, cover pages and more detailed information about our members, and links to their individual websites."
- British Columbia Newspaper Foundation
- "is a charitable foundation established in 1988 to reward excellence in journalism in British Columbia and the Yukon. The Foundation is funded by B.C. journalists, their employers and associations."
- The Canada Council for the Arts/Conseil des Arts du Canada
- info on grants, awards, and other happenings.
- Edgewise ElectroLit Centre
- home to their ezine, chat, links, messages, and other lit info.
- Literary Press Group of Canada
- "a non-profit organization of Canadian-Owned and-operated book publishers"
- Ottawa Independent Writers (OIW)
- "The Ottawa Independent Writers was founded in 1984 to provide
a place where writers can share experiences and learn new aspects of their craft."
- Playwright's Union of Canada
- "the national, non-profit association of professional playwrights. It represents approximately 335 members, distributes more than 1,500 Canadian plays, and publishes 6-7 trade paperbacks annually. Important criteria for membership are: Canadian citizenship, or landed immigrant status; and having written at least one professionally produced play."
- SASQUATCH Writers' Performance Series
- "meets twice per month and features an eclectic mix of poetry, prose, song, and other artistic pursuits in the "performance" vein." check site for more info.
- Society of Children's Book Writers & Illustrators
- "Authors or illustrators (aspiring or established), teachers, librarians, booksellers or publishers will all find a network here. SCBWI is an international organization, and here you will find information on Canadian members."
- Swiftsure Project
- links to writers and other artists in b.c., as well as links to other resources.
- Writers' Circle of Durham Region
- "The Writers' Circle of Durham Region is a non-profit umbrella organization dedicated to encouraging and promoting the art and skill of writing, fostering literacy, and providing moral support to writers through education and networking, both independently and in co-operation with existing organizations." also hosts the CanLit Contest list (Previously known as Smith's List).
- Writers in Electronic Residence
- "connects students across Canada with writers, teachers and one another in an animated exchange of original writing and commentary. The writers, who are all well-known Canadian authors, join classrooms
electronically to read and consider the students' work, offer reactions and ideas, and guide discussions between the students."
- The Writers' Union of Canada
- "Founded in 1973, The Writers' Union of Canada is a national organization of professional writers of books for the general public. The Union works to advance conditions for all writers, to unite writers for the advancement of their common interest, and to foster writing in Canada. The Union provides a number of services and information for members and non-members."